CARBON REDUCTION PLAN
Publication Date: 31.05.2023
Baseline Emissions Footprint
|Baseline Year: 2022
|Calculations are based on DEFRA GHG Conversion factor for Company Reporting
|Baseline year emissions:
Current Emissions Reporting
|Reporting Year: 2022
|291.5 (BNase line and reporting year is both 2022)
Emissions reduction targets
Global Health and Safety is committed to achieving Net Zero by 2050 signifies their dedication to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, transitioning to renewable energy, implementing energy-efficient measures, promoting sustainable transportation and waste reduction, practicing green procurement, and engaging employees in sustainable practices to create a greener and more sustainable future.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 200 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of 31%
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2022 baseline.
- We are ISO 14001 certified; we follow and implement all requirements of the standards.
- We encourage car sharing among our employees and 75% of our workforce live locally.
- All our company vehicles and machinery are electric operated.
- We reduced energy consumption wherever possible by ultra-efficient LED lightbulbs with motion sensor lighting throughout the premises.
- We are using logistic companies for transport that offsets their carbon footprint, whenever possible.
- All our critical raw materials are now sourced from Europe instead of Fareast reducing carbon footprint miles significantly.
- Added two EV chargers to at our Milton Keynes location.
- Become member “Carbon Neutral Britain”’ Small Business program.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- Adding solar lighting to our car park
- Setting up a cycle to work scheme for our employees to benefit the environment and the overall health and wellbeing of our staff.
- Installing reflective curtains to all glassed parts in our office areas and PVC door curtains in our warehouse to reduce the amount of sunrays and noise pollution and to prevent heat escape.
- Will discuss with the landlord about adding solar panels to the factory roof.
- We will monitor and report, the environmental outcomes achieved from the application of our policies across our operations.